Day 3: Go-Pro Headmount Adapter
I have a headset designed for a Go-Pro camera. The only trouble is that I don't own a Go-Pro camera. The challenge today is to build an adapter to mount my Nokia Lumia 1020 to this headset. This design took 24 minutes.
I've had a little trouble getting this built today. First, my extruder jammed and I couldn't clear the nozzle. I ended up switching out the .35mm nozzle for a .5mm. I realized I was going to need a knob and screw to hold the adapter onto the headgear. I also extended the base of the adapter to extend the entire length of the phone. The new design is shown to the right. I printed both pieces and found the hex head on the screw fit just a little too tightly in the knob. The fins were a little too thick. Also the screw mounting hole was too close to the head mount, causing the camera to be crooked. I made changes to the design file and printed them out again. Total design time was about 2:30. Print time for both pieces was 59 minutes. I had to do a little cleanup with a file and this time everything worked out. Cleanup time was about 10 minutes.