Eight year old Jossilyn created a toy hammer for her sister Jasmine. Using SketchUp, she designed it by first creating a cylinder, then adding a rectangular shaped handle. One of the things I love about SketchUp is that you can design something without worrying about details like dimensions. Jossilyn's original design was a hammer that was over four meters in diameter, with a handle that was something like 11 meters long.
After I got the file, I simply used the SketchUp scale tool to reduce it to 10% of the original size. I also separated the handle from the hammer head so that it could be printed without support.
Print time for this was 6 and a half hours. I sliced it with .4mm layer height, and printed it on my modified Prusa i3, X3REX.
I did two other things with this print, that I haven't done before. First, I removed the Capton tape from the heatbed and printed directly on the glass. The tape was buckling and torn, causing annoying textures on the surface touching the printbed. I coated the glass surface with a lot of "goo", which is simply ABS dissolved in acetone, to hold the parts to the printbed. I also put a cardboard enclosure around the printer to prevent warping and layer separation. There was only a little warping on the handle, about .2mm on either end. I saw a few separated layers, but it was negligible. The parts came off the bed really easily.
Best of all, Jasmine loved the toy that her sister created for her!